早教吧 育儿知识 作业答案 考试题库 百科 知识分享

新概念英语第二册69课作者撞死了一个小孩吗?Iwasbeingtestedforadrivinglicenceforthethirdtime.我第3次接受驾驶执照考试.Ihadbeenaskedtodriveinheavytrafficandhaddonesosuccessfully.按照要求在车辆

题目详情
新概念英语第二册69课作者撞死了一个小孩吗?
I was being tested for a driving licence for the third time.
我第3次接受驾驶执照考试.
I had been asked to drive in heavy traffic and had done so successfully.
按照要求在车辆拥挤的路上驾驶,我圆满地完成了.
After having been instructed to drive out of town,I began to acquire confidence.
在接到把车开出城的指令后,我开始有了信心.
Sure that I had passed,I was almost beginning to enjoy my test.
确信我已通过考试,所以我几乎开始喜欢起这次考试.
The examiner must have been pleased with my performance,for he smiled and said.
主考人对我的驾驶想必是满意的,因为他微笑着说:
Just one more thing,Mr.Eames.
“埃姆斯先生,只剩1项了.
Let us suppose that a child suddenly crosses the road in front of you.
让我们假设一个小孩子突然在你前面穿过马路.
As soon as I tap on the window,you must stop within five feet.
我一敲车窗,你必须把车停在5英尺之内.”
I continued driving and after some time,the examiner tapped loudly.
我继续往前开着.过了一会儿,主考人砰砰地敲了起来.
Though the sound could be heard clearly,it took me a long time to react.
虽然声音听得很清楚,但我过了好一会儿才作出反应.
I suddenly pressed the brake pedal hard and we were both thrown forward.
我突然用力踩紧刹车踏板,结果我俩的身体都向前冲去.
The examiner looked at me sadly.
主考人伤心地看着我.
'Mr.Eames,' he said,in a mournful voice,'you have just killed that child!'
“埃姆斯先生,”他以悲伤的声调说,“你刚刚把那个小孩压死了!”


























▼优质解答
答案和解析
没有,只是一个比喻
文章中提到Let us suppose that a child suddenly crosses the road in front of you.
让我们假设一个小孩子突然在你前面穿过马路.
所以这句话就是讽刺他开的不好
看了 新概念英语第二册69课作者撞...的网友还看了以下: